Yoga, Ecstatic Chant & Meditation Retreat: Embodying the Elements
with Scott & Shanti Medina
Mar De Jade Wellness Center in Chacala, Mexico
Saturday, April 7 – Saturday, April 14, 2018
Register before December 1, 2017 to save $200
Join Shanti and Scott Medina where the jungle meets the sea for an energizing and relaxing weeklong retreat cultivating mindfulness, restoring well-being and embodying the elements of beautiful Chacala, Mexico. Explore deepening into energizing wellness practices of body-centered self-realization designed to suite all practitioners. Experience awakening the senses and calming the mind with daily live sacred sound music, yoga therapy flow, embodied chanting from wisdom traditions around the globe and simple guided meditations to ignite the innate wisdom. Enjoy spacious time basking on the beach, swimming in the clear ocean water, experiencing a local excursion or indulging in a healing spa treatment or wellness massage. Nourish your body with 3 daily gourmet meals and healthy snacks prepared with ingredients from the Mar de Jade Organic Farm. Open to all level of practitioners and experiences.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Mar de Jade Wellness Center in Chacala, Mexico|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Saturday, April 7, 2018|
|RETURN TIME||Saturday, April 14, 2018|
|WEAR||Casual and comfortable beach and retreat attire.|
Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Arrive and settle in
- 6:30pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Opening Circle with Scott and Shanti
Sunday April 8 – Friday April 13 (daily)
- 7:30am Optional Morning Session (Yoga, meditation, hike or walk on the beach)
- 8:30am Breakfast
- 10:00am Morning session
- 1:30-2:30pm Lunch
- 2:30 Solo Time
- 4:30pm Sunset Session
- 6:30pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Optional Evening Session
Friday April 13
- Closing Circle after dinner
Saturday April 14
- Check out and depart
Mar de Jade (Sea of Jade) is a retreat wellness and vacation center hidden away where the tropical jungle meets the pristine sandy beach of Chacala, Mexico. Mar de Jade was created in 1983 in the spirit of active community service, of gratitude for the natural environment, and of the cultivation of genuine friendships. It was born from the dream of Dr. Laura del Valle to practice rural medicine by the ocean while running a Yoga Retreat & Wellness Center for visitors. At the time there was no electricity, running water or buildings, it was all jungle. The first visitors to Mar de Jade were medical students from various American Universities who came to do international rotations. Mar de Jade has been family-run for over 30 years with a strong commitment to community service through the creation of non-profit projects such as a Medical Clinic, a Children’s Program and an Organic Farm.
Scott & Shanti Medina
Scott and Shanti Medina, CNSF CYT are a dynamic husband-and-wife duo from Boulder, CO on a mission to uplift humanity by empowering self-realization. Shanti is a certified Neurosculpting Facilitator, Yoga Therapist and Founder of Energize training systems and Body Current® therapeutics. She is honored to be on faculty at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health and the Neurosculpting Institute. Scott began chanting over 25 years ago at Omega Institute and has led ecstatic chanting events for over 16 years. Their very popular sacred sound workshops, engaging community chants, and inspiring retreats offer a sweet and deep dive into the vibration where the soma or body and mantra are One. They recently released their double-CD project SoMAntra™. The CD is a collection of original chants from wisdom traditions around the globe along with embodied yoga therapy practices to self-regulate the nervous system and ignite the innate wisdom. Find out more at www.ScottandShanti.com
Mar De Jade Retreat Lodging Room & Board Includes:
- 7-night ocean-front accommodations
- 3 gourmet meals and snacks freshly prepared daily for all dietary needs
- Lodging taxes (18% fee included in the prices listed)
- Gratuities (all housekeeping and meal gratuities included in the prices listed)
- Beach front amenities
- Use of salt water swimming pool & 2 jacuzzis
- Dining Room & Guest Lounge
Two level Quads:
- Ideal for the budget conscious traveler that would like to share with 3 or 4 other people (4-5 total). They have garden views and an upper level accessed by a spiral staircase.
Investment: $1,150 double/ $1,650 single
- Simple yet comfortable rooms for one or two people, with garden or jungle views.
Investment: $1,350 double/ $1,900 single
- View of our lush tropical gardens and a terrace or outside sitting area. They are all on ground floor, some have a few steps and some have ramp access. All have bathtubs, some also have a separate shower and a futon.
Investment: $1,450 double/ $2,200 single
- Unobstructed ocean view and a balcony or terrace. Almost all have bathtubs, some have a separate shower. Some have futons and a separate sleeping space (appropriate for children). Most are on third and fourth floors and require steps to climb.